Did you know that CPAs have a major presence in Second Life?
The MACPA was the first association of CPAs to form a beachhead (literally because we have a beach) for CPAs on Second LIfe. CPA Island & CPA Island 2 are in the metaverse and open for business. Come see our accounting education pavillion, BLI Conference center, MACPA offices, CFO of the Future exhibit, and Firm of the Future exhibit, along with the offices of the first CPA firm in Second Life, KAWG&F.
How do you get started in Second Life:
- Create your account in Second Life - NMC sign=up (it is free or use a credit card to get some walking around money becasue you will want to shop)
- Download and install the Second lIfe software onto your computer
- Click on the software icon on yoiur desktop and run the software
- Enter the user informaion (your avatar name) and password and click "connect"
- You will be taken to the NMC orientation campus where you will learn basics like walking, flying, using objects, etc.
Finding CPAs in Second Life
- Select "search" button at the bottom of your screen
- Select the "groups" tab along the top of the search window
- Enter "SLACPA" in the search box and click search
- Select the group from the list by clicking on it
- Click the "Join Group" button on the dialog box (it's free)
- You are now a member of the SLACPA!
- Navigate to CPA Island by clicking the "Map" button on the bottom o the page
- Enter CPA Island in the seerch box and click search
- Select it and click teleport at the bottom of the map window
- Check out the island!
- Or use this handy link called a SLURL - Second Life URL - when you have Second Life running
- Then look for me - Rocky Maddaloni and invite me to be your friend...