The top five ways that Second Life and social media have transformed MACPA :
1. Connecting - Going to where our members, prospective members, and students are
2. Building our Whuffie (Social Capital)
3. Access to thought leaders, ideas & information
4. Innovative ways to deliver CPE to our members
5. International recognition and relationships
Join us for our special "mixed reality" session on Monday, December 7th, 2009 8:10 am - 9:50am (EST) as part of MACPA's Technology Conference at the Sheraton Columbia Hotel in Columbia, Maryland or live in Second Life at our BLI Conference Center (click this link to teleport to conference).
Here is what we will be covering in this special 100 minute session:
We can’t hide behind the web any longer, to get your company and yourself adaptable for the 21st century learn the real life story of how MACPA has used blogging, twitter, and other social media tools to reach out to current members and find new members. Learn what it was necessary for the MACPA to do this in order to keep up with the younger generation. Learn what it took to get there, what it takes to keep it up, and what wasn’t such a good idea.
Date: Monday, December 7, 2009 8:10 am 9:50 am (EST) 5:10 am - 6:50 am (PST/SLT)
See my slide presentation here