Going Private - Insight from a Management & Investor Perspective
Archive now posted - click here for recording of SL session
Join us for our third event in conjucntion with the San Francisco Financial Executives Netwoking Group (SF FENG) for our third "mixed reality" event (real life & virtual world)
Date: October 14th 7:00 pm - 8:40 pm PDT/SLT or 10:00 pm - 11:40 pm EST.
Location: live at offices of Protiviti, 50 California Street, 17th floor, S.F, CA
virtual - BLI Conference Center on CPA Island in Second LIfe - see link below
CPE Credit - 2 Hours if you register by clicking this link
Check back to this post for updates and materials
Materials Download going_private_seminarfinal.doc
You will learn from first-hand management and investor perspectives the following:
- Why do some companies consider going private?
- What is the process of taking your company private?
- What are the risks & rewards?
- How can management and private equity firm work together to maximize the deal value?
This will be a panel discussion by:
Chris Newman, CFO Restoration Hardware http://www.restorationhardware.com
Ben Bisconti, Managing Director, Accel KKR Partners www.accel-kkr.com
Jennifer S. Muller, Managing Director, Houlihan Lokey www.hlhz.com
Moderator - Doug Hart, Partner, BDO Seidman, LLP www.bdo.com
New to Second Life? Follow these easy steps:
Use the new Direct SLURL feature by clicking on our link http://slurl.com/secondlife/CPA%20Island/149/159/23 to go to the Second Life URL. On that page, click “sign up” and quickly register, download and login to the viewer, and arrive at their originally intended destination. A quick tutorial will open upon their initial arrival.
Already have a Second Life presence?
Just click our SLURL http://slurl.com/secondlife/CPA%20Island/149/159/23 and login and you will be teleported right to the BLI Conference Center on CPA Island in Second Life.
- Register via this link - sponsored by the Maryland Association of CPAs
- Login and attend the virtual session in Second Life - use this SLURL
- Join the Group - SLACPA (Second Life Association of CPAs) in SL
- Answer questions via chat during the session
- Complete the post-session evaluation for on-line at this link
Journal of Accountancy article - Accounting for Second Life
Check out the latest developments in the virtual world at our blog www.slacpa.org
Want to learn more about Web 2.0 & CPAs- try our free on-line self-directed learning program "15 minutes a day" www.cpalearning2.com
A Second LIfe for Training - Chief Learning Officer Magazine